Home     About     Follow

Sunday, May 26, 2013

All That Glitters is Golden

So this happened...
I got the worlds cutest puppy! Her name is Rye {Yes, as in the tiny city you pass through while driving to Payson. Only an Arizona native would know what I'm talking about!} Growing up I always loved driving through the little town, every time we passed the junkyard of millions of bikes my dad would say "If anyone can tell me how many bikes are in there we will stop for lunch in Payson." I always wondered how he knew the number of bikes... haha.. So a few months ago as I drove through Rye thinking of that story I thought that Rye would be such a good name for a dog! I think that dogs should always have a name with a story, something that means something!

Rye is a Golden Retriever, and I know everyone says there dog is the cutest but she is like straight off the dog food bag! She has that perfect Golden Retriever puppy look and I cant get enough of it! When I picked her out I picked from 9 puppies! It was the hardest choice of my life! I was about to go with one of her sisters when she caught my eye, she was the roundest and the fluffiest of the bunch and I knew she was mine the second I saw her! Most of her sisters were a darker than her, I just fell in love with her creamy golden coat!
 
This is the first {professional} picture I got of her. Just minutes after bringing her home she was dead asleep.
So I pretty much love taking pictures of her because she is so perfect! She LOVES the camera... as in she would love to eat it! Every time she hears the camera go off she stops whatever cute thing she is doing and lunges for it, whether its my phone or camera she wants it! So getting a good photo is not easy!
She is 9 weeks now! She is a fast learner and surprisingly she listens to me pretty well, I'd say 7 out of 10 times but for a young puppy that's really good! She knows a few commands, she has mastered sit and leave it. I loved teaching her leave it! I thought it wold take months for her to learn self control but in a matter of days she was catching on! Its so funny seeing a young puppy control herself with a big treat laying right in front of her! I can almost she her arguing with herself in her head. She is getting pretty good with lay down and she is learning spin! {Just for fun!} 

I love having her around {Even though she drives me nuts sometimes!} But I can just see her potential and I know the crazy puppy months will soon be gone so Im trying to enjoy it! Im going to do couple of post on some of the things Im doing to train her. Im no profession but I do know quite a bit about puppies and dogs and how to raise an all around good dog! Go {here} to see my post about clicker training!

2 comments:

  1. She is the cutest ever! I also love her name as well.
    Keep your posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my granddoggie, she is adorable and so much fun to watch and see you mother her.

    ReplyDelete