Home     About     Follow

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me

I am all about the sugar cookies! They are definitely my favorite! And because they are my favorite its resulted me to trying dozens of recipes trying to find 'the one' I have found a couple that I seriously thought to myself: this is it! It couldn't possibly get any better than this! Until a month or two ago when I came across this lovely recipe on Pinterest! Like no joke I was so excited that I went to the store the next day and bought cake flour so I could make them ASAP!

You know how Paradise Bakery always has that buy one cookie get one free deal?? Well I don't waste my free cookie to try new flaves.. No sir! I just cut to the chase and get two sugars! So as you can imagine I was super psyched when I found this recipe.
 {This is not a joke. They seriously taste just like them! And they are so addictive!!!!}


 {Yup. Two whole cups of shortening! Kind of a turn off, yeah?? But just for a second don't think about how fattening the stuff is.. and think about how amazing these are going to taste!} 

Now I male two different sizes, little fat bites like these^^ and giant Paradise Bakery size ones that you'll see in a bit.
 {These are a little bit bigger than my usual, but what I like about the little bites is that they are so cute and soft {because I make them super fat!} and there is just something awesome about popping a little baby cookie into your mouth!}


 {I'm not going to explain myself on why I make a giant batch, because I don't need a reason to make a giant cookie!}


 {So beautiful}

WARNING: I know I have you drooling over your computer and all... But don't make these. Yes, they are the best thing that will ever happen to you.. But You will become addicted and you will regret it the next morning.

Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies 

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups shortening {I have tried only using one cup and omitting some of the dry stuff, it was still good.. They just didn't have that melt-in-your-mouth quality}
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg, beaten
4 1/3 cups cake flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Plain or colored sugar, for decorating

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl, cream together sugars and shortening using an electric mixer. Mix on slow speed 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
Slowly add vanilla and beaten egg while mixing.
In a separate bowl, combine cake flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not over mix.

Scoop with an ice cream scoop and roll in sugar. Place on baking sheet. Flatten slightly with palm of hand.
{I just kinda do my own thing here^}

Bake 9 to 10 minutes.

Cookies are done when small cracks appear and are pale golden. Ideally, do not let edges brown

No comments:

Post a Comment