Home     About     Follow

Monday, April 2, 2012

Everybody Love's a Copycat(:

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think 'moving out'..? Bills, money, growing up..? Well not me! …Though I should have... The first thing I thought of was making delicious dinners! I love finding great recipes on pinterest! Other than my Because I'm a Cowgirl board... I think my favorite board is my Moooooree Food(: board! Seriously filled with delicious things! And I just couldn't wait to move out and try them! {"Why do you have to move out first to make these delicious meals??!" -That is what my mother just said right now as she is read this... Silly mom,,. Ya just do okay!? ;)That's how it works!}

So I have tried a few pinterest recipes here and there.. Chicken Parmesan Wraps were my first in the new place
{Turned out amazing! And I recommend them to the whole world!}

{I'll admit mine did NOT look like this! Haha but they still tasted amazing and I'm going to make them again for sure!}

But today as I was pinteresting I came across these Chick-Fil-A {Favorite place in the world!} copycat chicken nuggets! I’ve seen them before, and was just like.. yeah that would be cool to make.. But today I was like I must make these today or I'll die!!!! Luckily we had everything!
  
What I loved most about this recipe was that it was super simple! And it doesn’t call for anything crazy! We had everything!
{Seriously the best copycat recipe I've made! Taste just like Chick-Fil-A! No joke!}

THEN I was talking to Em about a side dish.. and she was like sweeeet potatoes friesss! So I made a special trip to the store {when I say special I mean it! I HATE running to the store just to get one thing, just goes to show how excited I was for the sweet potato idea!} to but two sweet potatoes and some seasonings.
{I just think it was a funny checkout, defiantly picture worthy!}

The thinner you cut them, the better! {Well I think so anyway}
{Cutting sweet potatoes is seriously no fun! But the color of them makes me so happy!}

All these spices gave them a perfect spice!{Not too spicy.. But still makes your lips burn a bit} Sweet&spice.. friends for lifee!
{Anything with this many seasonings has to taste good!}


I would suggest leaving the skins on because first, it’s really good for you! And second, it really adds to the flavor!
 {Can’t get over how beautiful they are!}

20 minutes did the trick for me! Cooked perfectly!

I also made homemade ranch, because I refuse to use bottled! The chicken anddd the sweet potatoes were both really good with the ranch! The chicken also goes fantastic with bit of honey it taste awesome!
{One of the best meals I have ever made! And it was not hard at all! I cannot wait to make this again!}

Sweet Chicky Nuggets
Serves 4
Ingredients
      3 skinless and boneless chicken breast
{Original recipe called for two chicken, but I was like I totally need to have this for lunch tomorrow! I think there is enough flour mix to even use four if you want.}
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
2 T powdered sugar
2 t salt
1 t pepper
peanut oil (is best) or canola oil
Directions
· In a medium bowl whisk the egg and stir in the milk. Trim any fat away from chicken. Cube
 chicken into bite size pieces. Place chicken in milk mixture, and cover. Let it 'marinate' for 2-4
 hours in the fridge. This will make the chicken very nice and tender.
· In a gallon size resealable baggie combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper. Seal and shake to combine.
· Place about 2 inches of oil in a medium deep pot. Over medium high heat (more towards the high side) heat oil until hot. If using a thermometer let the temperature reach 375°. If you don't have a fancy gadget like most people, I always test my oil by dropping a few drops of water into it. You want it to sizzle and not pop too much. Adjust your heat if necessary.

· Using a fork or tongs remove cut chicken from milk mixture and place in the flour mixture. Seal and shake until nuggets are completely coated.
· Place about a 6-8 nuggets into hot oil and let them cook until golden brown, turning half way through once the edge of your chicken starts to turn white. About 1 minute each side. Always double check to see if any chicken you make is cooked through. I always just make a tiny cut to see if it's pink. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Repeat until all nuggets are cooked.
Spicy Sweet Potato “Fries”
Serves 4-6
Ingredients
2 large sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3-4 tablespoon olive oil
{The recipe is a little modified; I cut the chili powder, cayenne powder, and cumin in half because the lady said they are super extremely spicy! I like spice… Just not like a crazy person! And they still were spicy}
Directions
    · Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a sheet tray with cooking spray.
· Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch strips. Toss with olive oil, adding enough to evenly coat all the fries. Combine the spices and toss them into the bowl and mix to coat.
· Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets, being sure not to overcrowd.
· Bake until the sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, About 20 minutes. {I didn’t turn them cuz i forgot! Haha still turned out okay... But I bet they woulda been crispier if I did!}

1 comment:

  1. The Chick-fil-a chicken and sweet potato fries was my favorite so far! And you forgot to mention it was on the healthier side.

    ReplyDelete