Home     About     Follow

Friday, December 14, 2012

Just Another Thing Under My Belt...

Don't you just love saying DONE!? Love it so much that you throw your hands up and sing 'doooooneee!!!' and do a little dance?! Or... is that just me? I love it! That feeling you get after finishing a project is just too good!! {Especially when it's been sitting on my living room floor screaming... FINISH ME! For the past month!} 

Here they are... my pride and joy! My big accomplishment! My proud moment!
   

My mom is always getting us random things she finds at Goodwill or garage sells so about a month ago she found these matching wooden mirrors for $5 I think {P.S. I've been dying to find something to go on the big ugly empty space above my couch!} So you can you can see why I was excited when I figured out what I was gonna do with them!

They were originally tan so I started by painting them white.

I got a printable chevron template from {Billie Monster} and used that to measure where I taped off.
There is seriously nothing I can tell you to make taping it easier! It is just something you have to learn by doing it and experimenting! its a little hard at first, but it does get easier over time! By my second mirror I was pro!



Once I was all done I checked all the edges to make sure they were good and pressed down, then I spray painted the whole thing.




I let it dry and then peeled the tape off, it turned out beautiful!


Im just happy I got something on that wall, it's barrenness was driving me nuts!
{My walls are complete!! Except Im probably gonna paint the center circle thing red... Only because I can't just be happy and move on... }



2 comments:

  1. K, why is everything you do so adorable?? I wish I had the patience for these things. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete