Home     About     Follow

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bridal Shower Bliss!

I am so excited to be here right now! Today is the day! Ok so remember my beautiful friend that was engaged a few post back!? Well she is now a married woman! Seriously guys they are adorable! They live in my apartment complex and I go over there all the time and just fall in love with them because they are thee cutest newlyweds ever! 

Anyway! Im getting carried away! So me. Ahem.. Her Maid of Honor. Threw a gorgeous shower for her! {With the help from my wonderful amazing friends!} Like seriously it was adorable, people were talking. 

The theme for this shower was... well... Pinterest
I basically got cheap stuff at goodwill {on half off days of course} and booked marked a dozen {incredibly easy} DIY projects and went to work!

{Old picture frame turned into a chalkboard}

{Front display table overflowing with pictures of the cute couple! Got all the frames at Goodwill or they were donated}

{Got these wooden letters at Hobby Lobby for $1.50 each {{half off}} and painted the chevron pattern myself}

{My super talented Alayna made an incredible Letters to the Bride book. Wish I would of got a picture of it! It was filled with cute quotes, pictures, advice, and letters from those who were close to her}

{A 16x20 print at Costco is only $6!}


{The food tables}

{Got these Wooden Plaques at Hobby Lobby for just under a dollar each {{I wish they would have been half off!}} and made them into chalkboards for cute little labels}

{More chalkboards for the dessert table!}

{Cake Stands. For the tops we used stovetop burner covers, trays, a cutting board, and tart pans all from Goodwill and the Dollar Store}

{Homemade cakes by yours truly! This chocolate and mint one was to die for! I did a frosting technique that is usually used on cupcakes... and it turned out fabulous on the cake!}


{My favorite! They are just so cute and perfect!}

{This monster! Adorable... But extremely heavy!! It was a little hard to get up, but once we did it made the shower!}

{Burlap Banner. I saw a picture of one of these somewhere and fell in love! Basically you cut triangles out of burlap and use stencils to paint the letters, we added colored card stock to the backs for a pop of color and to make the burlap more sturdy. The flags are attached with clothes pins which I love because that means the letters are interchangeable and I can reuse it!}

{Paper Garland. We put these in front of all the tables, I honestly love these! And they were so easy to make!}

 The shower went great! 
I had to snap a pic of Whitney showing Marco all the stuff they got! It was just too cute!

2 comments:

  1. The shower did turn out beautiful! I say you need to get into the photography business and bridal shower throwing business :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bridal shower was so magnificent. I am in love with these photos. My best friend is getting married and I want to host a surprise shower for her. I would book one of best LA event venues for this party and will host a DIY unicorn themed bash. So excited for it!

    ReplyDelete